Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vegas Airplanes

Dalin was so sad when Bryan and I went to Las Vegas. I thought the twins would miss us and Dalin wouldn't really care we weren't home but the opposite was true! Dalin was devestated. I assured him we'd be back before he knew it and that I'd bring something home with me for him. This appeased him and got him excited. So, then, the challenge was to find just the right gift for him. The first shop we went to had these little airplanes that I fell in love with. They are plastic and have water in them. In the water, poker chips, dice, coins, and glitter are floating around and they say "Las Vegas" on the top.
Bryan suggested that we buy them, but I was skeptical that maybe I'd find something better, after all, who finds the perfect gift in the first shop they walk in. Right? Well, apparently we did, and found ourselves back in the same shop buying three little airplanes right before we left for the airport. Dalin also got a hat that says "Las Vegas" on it.

Dalin was so excited to see us as we walked in the door, but immediately asked for his souvenir. He was thrilled and so were the twins. Matthew and Micah were so excited that they even slept with their airplanes that night. And now when people come over to the house, they run find their airplanes to show them off. It is very cute!! The shout, "Airplane, airplane!" over and over until they are acknowledged. I know you can't buy happiness, buy these little airplanes sure brought my boys a lot of happiness!

1 comment:

brandi mayhall said...

My class go to see the airplane. He was very proud. He was even a little suprised when he asked if I have been to Las Vegas. Then I revealed that Tony and I married there the summer before Dalin was in my class. He loved sharing...and was glad you two had fun!