Sunday, April 5, 2009

Feeling Loved

Bryan and I have always been very close and never have hid our affection for each other from our kids. We hug and kiss all the time and Dalin always tells us how gross we are. The older he gets, apparently the more gross we get. Lately, Bryan and I have been even closer, so there has been even more hugging and kissing going on and the other morning, Bryan left a couple of notes for me that very simply just said, "I love you!"

Well, Dalin noticed the notes and asked if they were for me from Dad. I told him that they were and he started to cry. He said that "you guys love each other so much, but nobody loves me!" So, that day, Bryan and I started to write Dalin some love notes. They he wrote us some. This has gone on and on since then. There are love notes all over our house and I leave a note in Dalin's lunch box every day. I started to stick the notes on the fridge and Dalin loves to see them there. Some fall off, but new ones replace the old. Dalin now feels loved, too. It's amazing to me what a 2 inch by 2 inch piece of paper can do for a person's sense of self-worth. It can make them realize that they are loved!!

No comments: