Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Getaway to Las Vegas

Bryan and I escaped from our three boys last weekend and went to Las Vegas. Since Dalin was born almost eight years ago, we have never gone on a romantic getaway like this. We just couldn't leave our kids!! Bryan's family offered to stay at our house with the boys if we wanted to get away. So...we took them up on their offer and left.
We were only gone for about 36 hours, just one night, but had so much fun together. I had never been to Vegas before, other than the few times I drove through on family vacations as a child. It really is a very different world than the world I usually live in, and we had a lot of fun seeing all the hotels and sites that there are to see.

After checking into the Venetian and leaving our things in our room, we headed to lunch and then on to Mandalay Bay. They have an aquarium to we were able to walk through. There were a lot of eat fish to see and a lot of walk through tunnels that allowed the sharks and other fish to swim all around you. It was fun to see, but the entire time we were there I kept wishing that Dalin and our twins could have been there to see it all. We had only been gone for about 8 hours and I already missed my boys!!

From Mandalay Bay, we walked from hotel to hotel seeing all their was to see. We went to New York, New York, the Excalibur, Caesar's Palace, and walked passed many others. We saw the Bellagio water show and the Mirage volcano show. By the time we walked back into the lobby of our hotel, it was very late and we were very tired!!
As we walked through the doors of our hotel, it was as if it were day light again. The ceiling is painted like a noon day sky full of fluffy white clouds. There is a river through the middle of the hotel with Gondola rides available night and day. It was so strange to understand that it was late at night but feel so certain it was day from the amazing hotel paintings. But...it didn't help my aching feet, so we went up to our room. As for the rest of our trip, the pictures should tell the rest of the story. And of course, the famous line, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!"

2 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Glad you guys had a good time. I can not wait for our trip! We're going to stay at the new Wynn, hopefully it's nice. I've never stayed there before. Gotta love Vegas.

Heather said...

What a SWEET room! I hope you had a nice foot massage!! Glad you two had a nice getaway!