Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baby Blake

Tonight we were reminded how much fun (or not so fun) having a new baby would be. We babysat Blake, who is five months old, for about three hours while his parents went to the temple. The first hour or so was fine. Dalin got to hold him and was reminded how big his brothers really are. The twins absolutely love "Baby Blake" as we call him, and want to be doing whatever he is doing.
They want to help him with his binky even though he doesn't need any help with it. They want to give him toys which he really doesn't want. They even want to lay down next to him, or sometimes on top of him. They just love him!! And while it is cute at first, after one hour, I was done. To give me and Blake some time away from my boys, I finally found the perfect place for him. I put him in the bouncy seat and put the bouncy seat in the crib. He was happy and nobody could bother him. He stayed there very content long enough for me to finally eat my dinner.


After dinner, Bryan took a turn with him while I cleaned up the kitchen and got my boys ready for bed. Bryan is the one who typically asks, or should I say begs, me to have another baby. He really wants a little girls. After spending some time tonight with a five month old, however, he was reminded just how helpless they really are. I think he's happy with his three boys and has realized that I really am not having any more and that is OK with him.

1 comment:

Varney Family said...

Thank you so much for watching him! We are so glad we were able to go! You are the best :)