While the twin were in the hospital, they were on a contact restriction because they were contagious. That meant that we were banned from anything fun! We weren't allowed in the play room which was full of fun toys to play with. We weren't allowed to go to any of the activities like Music Therapy or the Clown Show. We weren't even allowed to let the
m walk in the halls. Although I understand, what were we suppose to do in our tiny room to entertain these boys? Finally, a nurse told us we could be in the halls if the twins stayed in the wagon.
Once they had a ride in the wagon, they were addicted!! I swear I must have walked 100 miles over the 5 days we walked around the halls of Banner Desert. We'd walk and walk and walk, then sneak back to the room. After only a few minutes, Matthew would wander to the window near the door and point to his wagon parked outside the door. Then we'd walk and walk some more. Ther
e were rabbits just off the children's hallway that the boys loved! Everytime we walked the halls we had to go look for the bunnies, Racer and Carmela. The boys would laugh and laugh at the bunnies and those two bunnies would put on quite a show. We took a picture of Carmela before we left and I printed two of them for the boys to have. They carry around their pictures of Carmela and laugh and laugh. They don't miss the hospital, but they do miss their wagon and their bunnies.
I think I see a wagon in their future!! (Daddy--that's your clue!)
Once they had a ride in the wagon, they were addicted!! I swear I must have walked 100 miles over the 5 days we walked around the halls of Banner Desert. We'd walk and walk and walk, then sneak back to the room. After only a few minutes, Matthew would wander to the window near the door and point to his wagon parked outside the door. Then we'd walk and walk some more. Ther
I think I see a wagon in their future!! (Daddy--that's your clue!)
No comments:
Post a Comment