Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saying Good-Bye

Today, Dalin had an "End of Second Grade/Good-Bye Mrs. Mayhall" party. It was very bitter sweet! He loved seeing all of his friends and going down the huge water slide but was sad to say good-bye to his favorite teacher. She is moving to Texas and will be very missed!! Her love and attention to Dalin has really made a difference to all of us. He has learned so much from her, from math and reading to respect and responsibility!! I bet we don't ever find another teacher like her.

The party was amazing! One of the families not only offered to host the party and set up their water slide, but they provided most of the food, too. The kids loved to romp around the yard and play on the slides while all of us parents stayed in the shade and enjoyed the good food.

Here is Dalin on the slide.

The twins got nervous with all the crazy, big kids, but were content to sit together and eat. They were so cute and so good for me. I was in shock!! (If only all days were like this one.)

Finally, I was able to convince Micah to get in the water. He looked so hot and his little cheeks were bright red. Once he felt the refreshing water, he was willing to put up with the big kids.
Matthew was just happy to throw rocks in the puddles!

1 comment:

Kurt, Christine and kids said...

Love the picture of the twins in the dog towels. I remember making those and how excited I was to find them. I can't believe how big all 3 of them are getting.