After many tears, I got the entire story. He and a neighbor girl had been throwing rock at a cat of all things, and broken a window. Luckily, it was window to a van of a family from our ward and it happened to be the little girl's grandpa's van. Dalin assured me that he had already talked to Max and so I didn't need to tell Bryan. Dalin knew he was in a lot of trouble.
Of course, I told Bryan immediately. He and Dalin went down the street to see what we could do about the broken window. Dalin sweeped up the mess and did a lot of extra chores around the house. He hasn't received his allowance in about 6 weeks. He's been saving the money to get them something nice. He couldn't help buy the actual replacement window, because it was a company vehicle and completely insured. So tonight, he wrote them a nice letter and bought them a gift card to Home Depot so they can buy something for their house.
Tonight, we all went down to deliver his letter and gift. I hope he learned a valuable lesson!! We sure did! The wii isn't so bad, after all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment