Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years

New Year's went off without a hitch. During the day, I went to the mall and out to lunch with a friend. Then, we had a babysitter stay with the twins so we could take Dalin to see New Moon. (We tried once before and the projector at the theater broke during the previews, breaking Dalin's heart.) He, of course, loved the movie and couldn't stop talking about the werewolves and how cool they were. Then, we barbecued with friends and watched the newest Harry Potter movie that I had gotten for Christmas.
The kids loved using the noise makers/mess makers in the driveway. The twins laughed and laughed whenever the snap caps went off. We struggled to stay up until midnight. I guess that means we are getting old. But, in the end, we made it and were all in bed by 12:30.
Because we were up so late, I wanted to give Bryan a chance to sleep in on New Year's Day. So, I took the kids to Grandma Mell's house for breakfast. We had so much fun!! She made monkey rolls, eggs, and pancakes. We watched movies and taught Dalin how to play Rummikub, which he now loves!! We were home around noon and considered this one of the best New Year's ever!!

No comments: