Monday, June 15, 2009

Snake, AGAIN!!

I wish I were kidding, but I'm not!! The other morning, after loading all of my kids into the car, I went back into the house to pack a lunch before we left for our Summer Movie at Harkins. As I was in the house, the phone rang and it was my friend and neighbor, Breanna, so I answered it. Her exact words as I answered it were, "Come outside! There his a huge, freaking snake in your front yard!" And she wasn't kidding! I ran out front to find this:
It was definitely a "huge, freaking snake"!!! There was no rattle though and it seemed quite harmless, so after taking lots of pictures, we went on our way, leaving the snake in the neighborhood. I did call and leave a message with my neighbors in case one of them wanted to call to have the snake removed. I'm sure they weren't too happy that I didn't take care of it, but I have priorities, I had a movie to see!!

I'm not sure why snakes like to visit my house, but I've seen enough. Three years ago, we had a Mojave Rattlesnake in our backyard! Now that was scary! I'm done!! They need to find somewhere else to hang out. I hate snakes!! Even the harmless kinds.

No comments: