Plans were made, but Bryan couldn't bring himself to tell Dalin that he wasn't going to take him along. I didn't have a good feeling about Dalin going. I really wanted Bryan to see how his legs handled the trail alone, before he drug Dalin along with him and the girls. So that night, I prayed that Bryan would be able to go without Dalin, but that Dalin's feelings would not be hurt. Then, a funny thing happened. Dalin got up in the night to tell me that he didn't feel good. I took his temperature, and sure enough, he had a fever!! Was this an answer to my prayer?

In the morning, I explained to Dalin that he needed to stay home with me because he was sick. He was OK with that, because he really didn't feel much like hiking with a fever. Bryan, Krista, Haley, and Tamara had so much fun!! The went about 4 miles, I believe, and really enjoyed themselves. They saw a huge tarantula along the trail and stopp
ed to take pictures of it to show Dalin. Tamara took a lot of neat pictures for me. (Thank you, Tamara!)It was a good thing things happened the way they did, because Bryan realized that he is not 18 anymore. Hiking is more of a challenge than it used to be. He would have struggled if Dalin had tagged along. Funny thing, too, Dalin's fever was gone in the afternoon and never returned. Hmmm?? Interesting! We'll take Dalin when we can all go as a family and take a short, easy trail. It will be safer that way for all of us.
1 comment:
I miss hiking. Arya wants to go. Maybe in Febrary after this baby comes. I am glad Bryan had a good hike with the girls.
Post a Comment