Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

What an amazing experience we had today!! We went with my parents to the open house of the Gila Valley Temple. I had wanted to go, but just didn't seem to find a weekend that worked into our schedule. Finally, I decided to go without Bryan, during the week. I just didn't want to miss this amazing opportunity!!

We left late morning and drove the couple of hours it took to get there. We ate some lunch at McDonalds and let the kids run around for a bit. After the long drive, they needed it. They were going to have to be quiet during the tour of the temple, so we wanted them to be ready. After lunch, we headed to the temple.

It was amazing to watch my little boys enter the temple and immediately recognize the spirit that they felt there. They were quiet and walked slowly as they showed us from room to room. Then, as we left the building, Matthew said,"Mom, that place made me feel good!" It was so sweet and made the whole trip worthwhile!

The boys and I... All of us...
My parents...
It was so fun to travel together and be together!! We need to go on trips with them more often.


No comments: